May 3, 2022

AMWF Couple: Speech at Tainan Vocational School

We were invited to another speech, this time at Tainan Vocational School (台南高商). Before the speech, we had to prepare some cake ingredients with a budget of 4000 NTD, although the process was very complicated. We had to apply for an estimated sheet before purchasing the ingredients. They wanted me to make 2 big cakes for the presentation (baking at home and assembling in school) for 40 students, which changed to 50 shortly before the speech. In addition to that, I also made 50 packs of cookies for the students and some extra cakes for the teachers. Excluding the cakes for the teachers, I made 5kg of cakes and 4.5kg of cookies to share with the students. This took many hours, especially the cookies, as everything was done by hand.

The speech was 30% in English. My husband talked about his experience of working holiday in Australia and working in a foreign company in Taiwan. My part was about learning English and how I came to Taiwan. After that, my husband introduced Poland to them, mainly in Chinese to help them better understand my country.

After the speech, many students came to take pictures with us, and some even sent messages to us. Overall, I felt better than during the previous speech. I was very stressed about speaking (due to social anxiety...), but at least the students seemed nicer than the ones at the university, haha.

Since we were not vaccinated, we had to take a COVID-19 test before going. I was worried because I had been coughing for the past few days. However, both of our tests came out negative. We were lucky; otherwise, I wouldn't know what to do with all the cakes and cookies that I had prepared...








0 komentarze:

Post a Comment