May 13, 2023

Poland Travel 2023: Goodbye Poland! Time to fly back to Taiwan


Travel Date: 2023/03/24 ~ 04/12

We flew back to Taiwan on April 12, so we were in Poland for a little less than 3 weeks. It was a trip filled with both happiness and sadness. Unfortunately, a few days before Easter, my aunt passed away. We decided to fly back when I found out that her health was deteriorating rapidly. We bought the tickets in February and flew to Poland at the end of March. I am grateful that I got to see her, even though it was a very sad time. Before visiting her at home, I was quite nervous as I dislike seeing sick people (I mean, who likes it, right?). I'm glad she was out of the hospital, so at least we could spend time with her at home. I told myself not to show sadness in front of her. I tried to give her hope and make her smile.

My husband seems to have bad luck because this is the second time someone has passed away when he went to Poland. The first time was in 2017 when my mother passed away the day after he arrived. This time, during our stay of less than 2 weeks, my aunt passed away. Sadly, her funeral was on the day we flew back, so we were unable to attend.

Sometimes I hate living abroad. I feel like I miss out on a lot and don't get to spend time with my family. Especially in the past three years, we couldn't travel abroad due to COVID-19. During that time, I lost a few family members, and now I worry about who else I might lose while I'm away. It's not easy to keep in touch because of the 6-7 hours time difference, and most of them are busy with work when I have time to talk, which is usually when I'm ready to sleep.

Adrian really fell in love with Poland, and he cried many times because he didn't want to fly back to Taiwan. He enjoyed the countryside and visiting different family members, especially because they all have pets for him to play with. In Taiwan, we often move around, and it's difficult to find rentals that allow pets unless it's an old, unfurnished, and often dirty place that I wouldn't want to live in.

We visited several family members who live nearby, and we also traveled to four different cities. You can see several videos from our trip to Poland on my YouTube channel if you're interested (Hsu Family 波蘭x台灣).

The journey back to Taiwan took 30 hours. This time, we flew through London, which I feel is better than the Netherlands airport. It's also a very big airport, and we had to take a bus to our terminal. We had a 4-hour layover, but because our flight was at night, all the shops were already closed. And once again, we had an almost 16-hour flight to Taiwan, which was exhausting. After arriving, we had to take the MRT, HSR, and a train. Since it was already 10 PM, we didn't want to bother our friends to pick us up. My husband used a U-Bike and rode home to get the car and then came back to pick us up. Luckily, we live about 2.5km away from the train station, so it's not too far.

We experienced jet lag for a few days, and it was quite a nightmare. We would fall asleep in the morning and wake up in the afternoon, but my husband was actually supposed to be working that day. He mistakenly took one day off less, but luckily, his boss was understanding.

Our son can't wait for the next time we go back to Poland. He even wants to move there. It's difficult to explain to a 5-year-old that it's not so easy to move to another country. Hopefully, one day, my husband will find a job in Europe so that we can be closer to my family.

Check out my YouTube video












0 komentarze:

Post a Comment