August 4, 2023

Father's Day Cake Decorating


Recently, we participated in a Father's Day event in Zhunan (Miaoli). It was a cake decorating primarily attended by moms and daughters, with a few sons joining as well. There were not many fathers, unless as photographers. 
The government often organizes such events, providing parents and kids with activities like pizza making or kimchi preparation.
This time, they collaborated with a local bakery and invited a baker to lead the cake decorating event. For a small fee of just 200NT, we could decorate our own cakes and take it home along with a bonus gift of freshly baked bread from the bakery.

In the package we received were three layers of sponge cake, about 6 inches in size, with two fillings - taro and peanut. To cover the cake, we had a white icing / cream, and for decorating, we were given three vibrant colors and some marshmallows.

However, I noticed that many people seemed unfamiliar with cake decorating techniques. A mother-daughter duo sitting next to us weren't aware that they should separate the sponge cake layers before starting the decorating process. As a result, they attempted to decorate the top layer directly. Seeing this I asked my husband to tell them to separate the layers first. 

Since it was primarily meant for children to enjoy and have fun, I can't complain about it. Personally I felt boring as it was too basic. It would be fun to join a more advanced baking class, but it's difficult to find something in English. 
I have my cake decorating kit at home, but apart from my son's birthday cakes, I haven't made anything else. I usually make pretty small 6'' cakes, so after purchasing ingredients, which are usually around 1 kg or 1 liter, I end up with plenty of leftovers. Since I don't use the extra ingredients to make cakes for sale, I would have to finish them all on my own (with the help of my husband and son), but it still seems like a lot. Or maybe I'm just lazy and searching for excuses, haha!















0 komentarze:

Post a Comment