October 3, 2026

Our Last Day in Poland: The Park Linowy Disaster 😂


It was our last day with the family before we had to pack everything into the car and drive to Warsaw.
So, naturally, we wanted to do something fun together before leaving.
Originally, my cousin wanted to take her son and Adrian to the cinema. Then she considered taking them to play paintball.
But I suddenly had another idea. I asked her if the park linowy was still open.

If you've never heard of a park linowy, it's basically a ropes course in the forest. You climb from tree to tree, cross different obstacles, walk over ropes and bridges, and sometimes zip-line from one tree to another.

It sounded perfect for Adrian. I thought he would absolutely love it. And honestly... I had no idea what I was getting us into. 😂

Getting Ready

When we arrived, the boys were given all their safety equipment. They had to put on their harnesses and learn how to clip themselves onto the safety ropes.
Before they could start, they had some practice on the ground, learning how to move the clips from one section to another. Everything looked very professional and safe.
And Adrian was VERY excited.

He had already decided that he didn't want to do some tiny course for little kids. No. He wanted the big one. Something challenging. Something for older kids.
Unfortunately, he was a little bit too short for the course he wanted to do. But because he had his older cousin going with him, the staff decided that it should be okay. So off they went!

And Everything Was Fine... At least in the beginning. They started climbing, and Adrian seemed perfectly happy.
I was thinking: "See? I knew this would be fun!"
Well... That didn't last very long. Soon, Adrian got stuck up there.
And the worst part was that other people were coming up behind him, so suddenly there was a little traffic jam in the trees. The rope was moving and shaking. Adrian started getting nervous. Then he started crying.
And very quickly, our fun family activity turned into: "Can someone please get my child down?" 😂









We had to call for help

Luckily, they weren't very high at that point, so the staff told Adrian he could carefully walk back along the course. If he couldn't do it, they would bring a ladder and carry him down.
And yes, we actually saw them bringing ladders for people a few times while we were there.
So apparently, Adrian wasn't the only person who decided: "Yeah... I'm done." 

Maybe a Smaller Course?

Once Adrian was safely back on the ground, we decided that perhaps the big course wasn't such a good idea after all. There were several different routes in the park, depending on the height and age of the children. So we decided to try something smaller.
Meanwhile, my husband followed my nephew doing the bigger courses. 

The whole park was in the forest, with the courses built between the trees. There were all kinds of obstacles — ropes, bridges, platforms, nets and things you had to climb over or balance on before moving to the next tree.
From the ground, it actually looked really fun. From the trees... Well, that's a different story.

I should probably mention that I am terrible with heights. And when I say terrible, I mean that even standing one metre above the ground on something that is shaking would probably be enough to give me a panic attack. 😂
So there was absolutely no chance that I was going up there myself. I'm also not a fan of those suspension bridges you often see in the mountains in Taiwan. You know the ones. You step onto a bridge. It starts moving. You look down. And suddenly you're wondering why you thought this was a good idea. 
No thank you. I'll stay on the ground.

Then I Saw the Videos...

Later, when I watched the videos my husband had taken from the course, I realized that it looked much scarier than I thought. And much higher! And this wasn't even the highest course.
There was another route that went all the way up toward the tops of the trees. At the end, you could slide all the way back down to the ground. It looked absolutely crazy. We didn't see anyone using that highest course while we were there, though.
And honestly... I wasn't surprised. 😂

Adrian Tried Again

After his first little disaster, we tried another route. It was smaller. But Adrian still couldn't get through it.
So we tried another one.
And then another.
Eventually, we ended up on the smallest route that wasn't specifically for really tiny children. And even there... It wasn't exactly easy. There were tears. There was a lot of encouragement. And there were several moments when I wasn't sure whether he was actually going to finish.

What surprised me most was that Adrian had climbed much higher things in playgrounds before. Things that were shaking. Things without safety ropes. And yet here, with a proper harness and safety equipment, he was absolutely terrified.
Maybe knowing that he was actually high up made the difference. Or maybe once he got scared on the first course, he just couldn't get that feeling out of his head.
Either way... He was NOT impressed.

Eventually, after a lot of struggling, Adrian managed to finish one route. One! And honestly, I was proud of him. He was scared, he cried, and he wanted to give up, but he still managed to finish it.
Meanwhile, my nephew got much luckier. He managed to complete two routes.
Normally, you pay for one route of your choice, so he definitely got his money's worth. 😂

"The Worst Day of My Life"

And then came Adrian's review. I asked him what he thought about the park. His answer? Apparently, it was... "The worst day of my life." 😂😂😂

Sorry, Adrian. I really thought this was going to be fun! I imagined you running around the trees, climbing, zip-lining and coming back down asking to do another route.
Instead, I apparently created the worst day of your life. Mother of the Year. 😂

Would He Do It Again? Maybe. I actually think that if we came back when he's a little older, he might have a completely different experience.
He would probably be taller and more confident, and maybe the bigger courses wouldn't seem so intimidating. And now he knows what to expect. But I definitely wouldn't force him to do it again. After all, I understand the fear. Because if you put me up there, I would probably be the one crying and asking for the ladder. 😂
So I really can't judge him.

And Then It Was Time to Leave

And just like that, our last day with the family was over. It was supposed to be a fun and relaxing way to spend our last day before driving to Warsaw. Instead, we got: Climbing. Crying. Ladders. Fear. One successful route. Two successful routes for my nephew. And one child declaring that it was the worst day of his life. 😂

But honestly, it was still a pretty memorable way to finish our time with the family. And that's something I like about our trips to Poland.
Things don't always go according to plan. Sometimes we go mushroom picking and find almost nothing.
Sometimes we collect berries and Adrian steals mine. Sometimes we harvest honey.
And sometimes I have the brilliant idea of taking my child to a ropes course... only to discover that he absolutely hates it. 😂

Maybe next time he'll be older and he'll want to try again. Or maybe he'll remember this as the day his mother betrayed him and took him to the trees.
Either way... I'm pretty sure he'll remember it.

And soon it was time to pack the car, say goodbye to the family and head to Warsaw. Our Polish summer was coming to an end.




















0 komentarze:

Post a Comment