July 3, 2021

Tainan Travel: Chun Kung Kiln

Chun Kung Kiln (居廣陶)

We were about to drive back home from Orchid City when my husband spotted this place - Chun Kung Kiln (居廣陶). At first, we drove in, but it seemed like nobody was there. My husband wanted to drive back, but I found the place interesting, so we decided to stay. Eventually, a woman approached us and introduced the place. It appeared that very few people visit there. It's an old kiln that used to produce tiles in the past, but the fireplace was destroyed by an earthquake. Nowadays, it's a DIY place where you can make your own cup. However, I'm not particularly interested in DIY, especially not cup making. I feel like anything I make would turn out too ugly to even use (I don't have much talent for it).

The government has been actively promoting the creative cultural industry in recent years, aiming to revitalize traditional businesses that showcase local cultural characteristics, such as Chun Kung Kiln, a local workshop in Liujia, Tainan. Liujia is an important town with a long history of producing building materials in southern Taiwan. However, the industry, which used to provide warm and solid housing for millions of people in Taiwan, has gradually been overshadowed by the concrete jungle of today's cities.


















Address:

734台南市六甲區居廣陶

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment