August 10, 2021

AMWF Couple: How is current life in Taiwan?

There have been some recent changes in our lives. My husband is still working partially from home, but his working hours have shifted. He used to work from 9 am to 6 pm, but now he has a 12-hour shift (including lunch break and travel time to and from work, it amounts to 14 hours). It's no wonder why people keep leaving this company. You sign a contract that clearly states your working hours, but after three years of working there, it seems like the schedule is constantly changing. Moreover, there aren't enough people, so there's only one person working during the shift. It's not a Taiwanese company, to be clear, but the rules seem very typical of Asian companies. Many people are complaining, not just about the constantly changing schedule, but also about the low salary (especially when newly hired employees are earning more than those who have been working there for three years). But enough about that...

Things are getting better now, as there aren't many COVID-19 cases currently. Hopefully, life will return to normal soon. I want to go back to selling cakes, but I don't think there will be many people interested in buying. People are being very cautious lately, and I feel that some are panicking a bit too much.

It has been raining a lot in recent days. Not only Taiwan, but also Poland (and many other countries around the world) are experiencing flooding. When we drove from Tainan to Yunlin, we could see many farms that were flooded. Since the government has relaxed some rules, some shops now allow dining in. Yesterday was Father's Day, but my husband had to work, so he couldn't enjoy the day. We brought some cake for my parents-in-law, left our son with them, and went out to eat. We chose an "all you can eat" BBQ and HotPot restaurant. I feel quite disappointed today because the quality has significantly declined. I understand that they didn't earn much money in the past two months when everything was closed, but still... it was not worth the 1000NT.

Today, I made a stupid mistake. I went out to buy a drink and completely forgot to wear a mask. Luckily, nobody said anything. I suddenly realized my mistake when I was almost at the drink shop. I hid my face by covering it with my hair and a drink holder, and quickly went back home. Some places are quite strict about wearing masks (at least they were a few weeks ago), although I always see people who don't care about wearing masks at all, especially when they are in the park, and nobody says anything to them. It's different for foreigners here, it's easy to be noticed...

Most of the day was rainy, but at least in the evening, the sky cleared up. On our way home, we stopped at a random field in Chiayi, and the view was really beautiful.










0 komentarze:

Post a Comment