September 16, 2021

Chiayi Travel: Qingyun Falls and Dapu Lake

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival!

This year, there is no festive atmosphere surrounding the Mid-Autumn Festival. My husband is working the night shift on the weekend, so we won't even have the chance to visit his family and have a BBQ. Public barbecues are banned this year due to concerns about Covid-19. Because of his work schedule, we have had very little time to go out this month. However, after three months of staying home with nothing to do, life is slowly returning to normal. My husband no longer needs to work from home, and I have resumed selling cakes. Although the business isn't as good as before, at least I don't feel bored anymore. It was quite depressing to stay home and do nothing.

What's even more saddening is that nobody seems to understand my feelings of sadness. My husband thinks I'm perfectly fine. However, it's not just because of the Covid-19 situation or the fact that I haven't been able to go back to Poland for two years. Often, I find it hard to find a reason to smile. I can wake up feeling randomly sad and even burst into tears. I don't like feeling this way, but there's nobody I can talk to. I think many people can't understand the emotions of someone living abroad.

Despite the busy baking schedule due to some Middle Autumn Festival orders, my husband will have the weekend off. I really wanted to go out, so I woke up early to finish baking the cakes. Yay! We still managed to drive to Chiayi to visit Qingyun Falls (青雲瀑布) and Tsengwen reservoir (曾文水庫). We only had six hours to spare, and the drive took about 1.5 hours. We didn't have much time there, but it was definitely worth it! The weather was really good, although it was a little too hot. The water at the falls was a bit chilly for me, but our son still had fun playing. He used to be scared of water, but today he only cried a little and it seemed to get better. At least he went in the water and played for some time. The only issue was when the water splashed on his face or he couldn't feel any stones beneath his feet. He would start screaming like crazy.

We had been to this place two years ago, and it had changed a little. The road seemed newly constructed, which made us wonder if we were in the right place. Additionally, there was a landslide blocking the road to the waterfall, with several stones falling down the mountain probably due to the latest typhoon or earthquake. However, it wasn't difficult to climb over, so we still had a lot of fun. It was great to visit on a weekday when there were no other people around!











After visiting the waterfall, we also made a stop at Tsengwen Reservoir (Dapu Lake). It was different from the last time we came. Previously, the water level was very low, but this year, there had been plenty of rain, causing the reservoir to overflow! As a result, parts of the land and pathways in the park were submerged underwater.
For more information about Tsengwen Reservoir, you can check out the post HERE










Address:

1. Qingren Falls: 600嘉義縣東區市9鄉道0"N號青雲瀑布
2. Tsengwen Reservoir - Qingren Park: 607嘉義縣大埔鄉雙溪100號情人公園

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment