September 9, 2022

Driving ATV on the beach of Hualien


2022/08/23-25

My husband got the new job, and we had only one month to move to North. We decided to store our belongings at parents-in-law's place as it was closer, and then we drove from Miaoli to Yunlin to move the most important items first. We had a few days left before my husband started his new job, so he wanted to take a trip to the east of Taiwan. However, I was not feeling well and didn't have the mood and energy to travel. A few days later, I found out that I had contracted COVID-19...

During our trip to Hualien, we made a short stop at Dongshan River Ecological Park in Yilan. After exploring a while, we drove to Hualien, where we stayed for two days. We met up with my husband's friend and went out together a few times. The highlight of the trip was visiting Liushidanshan to see the blooming daylilies. His friend took us for an ATV ride on the beach in Hualien, which was fun, although I didn't enjoy getting covered in sand and dust. 
On the morning of the third day, we visited Jian Shrine and then continued driving South. We stayed one night in Taitung to rest before heading back home. By the morning, I was feeling more tired and didn't have the energy to continue. We only made a short stop at Zhiben Waterfall in Taitung before driving back. 
As we drove, my fatigue worsened. My husband thought I was dehydrated because the weather was hot during those days, and he suspected I had heatstroke. We made a stop in Yunlin at my parents-in-law's place to pick up some things and then drove to Miaoli. I sat on the sofa feeling half-dead and eagerly waited to go home. 
The next morning, I woke up with body pain. I still managed to do the laundry (which was extremely difficult as I could barely move). I didn't have apetite and couldn't stand up, so I decided to take a COVID-19 test, which came back positive. 
It finally explained why I didn't enjoy the trip to the east of Taiwan, which had always been my favorite thing to do. I honestly can't remember many things from the trip; I only know that everything bothered me those days, and the food didn't taste as good as it used to.

~ ~ ~

On our second day of travel, we met up with my husband's friend. He took us to the river, but I wasn't really interested in playing there. Looking back, a few days later I fell ill and tested positive for Covid-19. Maybe I was already feeling a little sick at that time, as I felt tired and didn't have much energy. I didn't want to go mainly because of all the dust, and in the end, it was indeed very dusty. My bag turned from black to grey from all the dust. Despite that, it ended up being fun.
In Hualien, we stayed at Liga Hotel. Google suggested it was a 4-star hotel, but it looked very old, with broken walls and a small space. There was also an odd smell in the bathroom. The food was decent, with a small breakfast buffet.

During our trip, we had the opportunity to experience ATV riding. From the initial training and guidance to exploring various beaches, jungles, and stream terrains, we eventually arrived at a secret spot for a photoshoot. The staff assisted in taking pictures with the mirrored sky effect and provided files and documentary videos along the way. The entire event lasted about 1.5 hours, and each ATV could accommodate two people. If you're interested in this picture style and want to try it yourself, you can search for "51區沙灘車".
Prices may vary depending on the ATV company you choose. It's advisable to book in advance, as we heard that 51區 was fully booked for the entire year and it was difficult to secure a spot.

-> Price:
1 ATV (single or shared ride): 1,200NT
Children under 100 cm are allowed to share a car with 2 adults.
From the first to the fourth day of Chinese New Year, each ATV is 1,500NT.
Coach car experience (up to 4 people per vehicle): NT$600/person.
Jeep experience (for infants under 2 years old and seniors only): NT$600/person.
-> Timing:
Summer time (May to October): 09:00 / 10:00 / 11:00 / 13:00 / 14:00 / 15:00 / 16:00.
Winter season (November to April): 08:30 / 09:30 / 10:30 / 11:30 / 13:30 / 14:30 / 15:30













Address:

971花蓮縣新城鄉花蓮51區天空之鏡沙灘車


0 komentarze:

Post a Comment