March 26, 2023

Poland Travel 2023: Just 2 days in Poland and a lot of family meetings


Travel Date: 2023/03/24 ~ 04/12

In the first 2.5 days in Poland, we visited many family members who live nearby. No matter which house we went to, there was always an abundance of food, tea, and homemade desserts. Even my 50+ year old single uncle now bakes cakes, and to my surprise, his cheesecake tasted even better than the one made by one of my aunts. He even has a Facebook account now, although he doesn't use it much. This is still progress compared to some other family members who have yet to learn how to use smartphones and the internet. I thought it would only be my uncle at his place, but he informed some distant family members whom I haven't seen in years, and they also came to meet me.

While staying in Poland, I started driving a car more often. I really enjoy driving here, unlike in Taiwan. We don't have scooters coming from every possible direction, including reverse! It's much easier to drive, and nothing scares me on the road. The only annoying part is the new rule of stopping for pedestrians. It's okay to stop, of course, but having to do so when they are on the sidewalk with no intention of crossing the road is a bit excessive. The penalties for breaking traffic rules are quite high in Poland compared to Taiwan, and drivers generally follow the rules.

We brought many different snacks to Poland. I think the most special one for my family was the strawberry waffle-flavored Lay's chips. My cousin and niece even wanted to take pictures with them. We also brought pineapple cakes, as they requested, and some traditional snacks such as Suncakes or wife's cakes, taro cookies, guava and starfruit drinks, and a variety of teas. My cousin also wanted oil-painted umbrellas as decorations. We couldn't find the authentic ones, as they are only made in Meinong, Kaohsiung, which is over 300km away from our place. Luckily, it was easy to find similar items made in China. We also found Chinese hair sticks for my niece, although I'm not sure if she will actually use them. I find them a bit difficult to hold my hair, maybe because they are too long for it?

I don't often meet or chat with some of my family members, but they are still happy to invite us to their homes. My husband had the chance to try some food that he hadn't eaten before. He also fell in love with tomato soup but wasn't a fan of pig's feet jelly. It's not the type of food I would normally eat, but it tasted much better than I had imagined.

Check out my YouTube video



























0 komentarze:

Post a Comment