December 5, 2022

[Recipe] Making Mapo Tofu - Try it, if you love spicy food


I love spicy food, so I also make my own Mapo Tofu. I add more chilies if I make it for myself, but this version is milder in spice so that my husband can also enjoy it. Making it is very simple! Check out my video for full instructions.


Ingredients:
0.5 tbsp Sichuan pepper
300g tofu
4-5 cloves garlic, minced
Sesame oil for frying
120g ground pork meat
2 tbsp chili bean paste
Chilies, to taste
200ml water
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp rice wine
1 tbsp light soy sauce


Instructions:
1. Heat up a frying pan, add half a tablespoon of Sichuan peppercorns, and fry until fragrant.
2. Cut the tofu into cubes (avoid using silken tofu, opt for a firmer variety). Simmer in salted water for 2-3 minutes, then leave it in the water until ready to use.
3. Heat up some light sesame oil. Add 120g of minced pork meat and fry for a couple of minutes over medium heat.
4. Add chili bean paste and stir it in. Add minced garlic and continue frying. Add ground (roughly chopped) Sichuan peppercorns and some chilies to taste.
5. Pour in water or broth and let it boil. Add the tofu and season to taste with brown sugar, rice wine, and soy sauce.
6. Boil for a few minutes until the sauce reduces.
7. Make a slurry from 1 tbsp cornstarch and 1 tbsp water, add it to the pot, and bring it to a boil.
8. Serve with rice.



0 komentarze:

Post a Comment