April 29, 2024

Kaohsiung Travel - Day2! Shoushan Zoo


Travel Date: 2024/04/06
* It was pretty long post, thus I separated it into 2 parts - check out part 2 - LINK *
Check out also our first day travel, where we visited Tianliao Moon World, Stone Temple and Yangyu Mud Pond and Wushanding Mud Volcanoes

The second day didn't start smoothly. We planned to go to Shoushan Zoo at the opening time to ensure a parking space, but... Either my alarm didn't work or I turned it off and fell asleep. I feel it's the first time I slept so well while not in my own bed. Normally when we travel, I sleep like 2-3 hours. So in the end, we arrived way after 10 am and there were really no parking lots available. We got a paper with the address of a nearby car park where we could park and take a shuttle bus to the zoo. The car parking costs only 40 NT for 4 hours and the shuttle bus 12 NT per person, super cheap. I maybe took the bus in Taiwan only 3 times, so it's hard to say, but it's my first time seeing a female bus driver. I took the bus several years in Poland when going to school and never saw a single female driver.

We arrived at the zoo, and it was really crowded. Also, the weather in Kaohsiung is pretty hot, but I love it. Our son was way too excited and ran from one enclosure to another, I had to keep up. Not really what I thought a trip to the zoo would be like, probably more of a slow walk and enjoying the view. We also spotted several wild monkeys. There are many warnings about monkeys stealing food or bags, but I feel they were polite this time, nothing happened. It reminds me of one story, it happened maybe 4 years ago when we went to Taitung. Poland doesn't have wild monkeys, so the thought of seeing any was interesting, thus we drove to Donghe Village, which is famous for wild monkeys. I got out of the car, not thinking much, I took food to have a snack outside and I only took a few steps and was chased by a monkey. I was super scared and jumped into the car, locking the doors. The monkey, of course, tried to open the door. It's funny to think about it now, but at that time it was terrible.

We probably spent 3 hours in the zoo, our son was happy to get the gift. It was around Children's Day, so there were plenty of kids and the entrance was free for them, but overall Kaohsiung is super cheap to enter, a ticket for an adult is only 40 NT.



















I still had other plans for the afternoon, so we drove to Zuoying. We parked near Lotus Lake. There weren't many food options, but one beef noodle shop had plenty of reviews, so we decided to try it out. This big bowl of noodles is really too much for a single person, unless you love to eat a lot. The taste was super good, I recommend trying it.


0 komentarze:

Post a Comment