May 20, 2019

AMWF couple: We moved to Tainan

goats, tainan, taiwan

goats, tainan, taiwan

We've recently moved to Tainan, and it feels like starting all over again with new people and new places. It seems like we change our location every year, from Yunlin to Hsinchu, and now to Tainan.

Not much has happened in the past year. We live alone and don't visit family-in-law very often, especially after one incident. It was our first anniversary in June 2018, and we wanted to spend two days alone. My sister-in-law initially promised to take care of our son during that time. However, just a few days before, she changed her mind because her mother told her it could be dangerous. I didn't feel very good about it, especially when my family is far away, but they would always offer to help if we were back home. Since then, we haven't talked much. There have been many sad incidents involving them in the past, and I can't understand their behavior well. My husband doesn't understand why I'm upset about those things, though.

Finding work opportunities in Taiwan isn't easy, except perhaps for English teachers. English is not my native language, and I don't feel comfortable teaching either. I tried it once in the past because my husband was pushing me a lot, but I didn't enjoy it. He still occasionally mentions that it's an easy job with good pay, but I always refuse. I don't feel happy relying solely on him for income. I tried to make some money by selling my cakes. His coworkers in Hsinchu loved the Polish taste of my cheesecakes, but other people would often request little to no sugar at all. I don't like making such adjustments because it changes the nature of the cake.

I don't go back to Poland very often, not even once a year. We went there for Christmas time from December 21, 2018, to January 4, 2019, but it was only a two-week visit. My husband doesn't get many consecutive days off from work. It's fortunate that he works for a Dutch company because Taiwanese companies rarely grant long vacation periods, usually not more than three days. Overtime work is very common here, and it seems almost impossible for people to leave work on time.

I'm used to being alone with our baby. It's not as difficult as people may think. I've noticed that in Taiwan, many women hire nannies even if they are not working. They don't want to take care of the baby themselves and consider it to be hard work. I was raised differently, where my grandmother, mother, and aunts all stayed home with their kids. They often didn't work until the children started school. Life here is different, as women typically leave their babies and go to work.
Some married couples also live separately. The woman stays with her parents so they can help with the kids, while the husband lives somewhere else due to his work. Sometimes, even if the woman doesn't live with her parents, she still lives separately from her husband. It's a completely strange situation for me, but I've heard about some couples doing that.

Finally, I made some friends at the beginning of this year. One of them is a Polish girl who is married to a Taiwanese man and has had similar experiences in her past life. I have also met other girls from Bulgaria, Japan, and Algeria. Unfortunately, this all happened in the last few months in Hsinchu. In the past two months, I barely saw my husband as he either worked in a different city or went abroad for a short time. I feel quite lonely, and it seems like our marriage isn't as it used to be. However, a few days ago, we moved to Tainan, and luckily there is another Polish girl living not far from my place. We have already chatted and met today!

golden shower trees, tainan, taiwan

golden shower trees, tainan, taiwan

golden shower trees, tainan, taiwan

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment