October 2, 2020

Do I have a stalker?

Day I:
I went to the park and quickly noticed a man riding a bike around, watching me for over an hour. After riding around twice, he stopped and started talking. I could understand that he was asking about cakes, but I couldn't communicate well and didn't want to take orders from random people unless they sent a message on Facebook. He seemed to understand that we couldn't communicate and rode his bike away.
After a few minutes, he came back, this time with his smartphone, and started pointing to cake pictures on his phone, asking if I was the one selling cakes. I wanted to show him to just send a message to the page, but, like many older people, he didn't like messaging?! He kept saying to just talk to him slowly 😂 If we both talked slowly, would we suddenly get along??
Luckily, he wanted a flavor that I had just baked today for our landlady, so I thought I would just sell him the cake. Then, he didn't even want a bag. He held the box in one hand while riding his bike. I hope nothing happens to the cake before he arrives home.

Day II:
Just like yesterday, the same man came to the park. I tried to pretend I didn't notice him while playing with Adrian. He came again, talking about cakes. He must also know my Facebook or Instagram because I posted a cheesecake with raisins today, and he came asking about raisins. He even carried raisins in his hand to show me what he needed. I didn't know how to tell him that it was not for sale but just for me, so I told him he couldn't buy it today.
Then he asked about tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. I just said that I wouldn't be there on the weekend. In the end, I used Google Translate (which I noticed uses different words than I'm used to) to tell him to send a message to the cake page so my husband could answer. That seemed to work as he asked about Facebook and then went home. After a while, he came back and gave us a pomelo. At least my cake seems yummy if he comes back again. I'm starting to be afraid of going to the park though...

Later that day:
So I thought the man from the park would send a message to my page, but... He found my personal Facebook account, sent me a friend request (I didn't know who he was, but we had a mutual friend), and then started messaging me... At first, it was in Chinese, but I didn't realize who he was, so I just said I don't speak Chinese to end the conversation. Although he tried to translate everything he said into Polish language, not even English... I tried to answer with Chinese and English together (using a translator)... In the end, he said he wanted to buy the cake, so I asked about Sunday because my husband is home... The guy is kind of creeping me out. I hope he will not appear in the park again. I posted the whole story on my Facebook, and many of my friends are telling me to be careful now.



0 komentarze:

Post a Comment