October 30, 2021

Dining at TASTY in Tainan

After finishing our presentation at the university, we still had some time before heading home, so we decided to go to the city for lunch. My husband really wanted to eat something nice, so we went to TASTY. It was my first time going to a more upscale restaurant compared to the usual Taiwanese shops. Being parents, we rarely have the opportunity to go anywhere other than street food stalls for quick meals. Both in Poland and Taiwan, I mostly cook at home.

When eating at cheaper establishments in Taiwan, I have encountered cockroaches, rats, lizards, and various critters running around the floor and even the tables. Especially if you're not in a big city, there will be fewer clean places. I have gotten used to it, so it doesn't bother me as much anymore (although it was shocking during the first year!). But don't worry, there are still better and cleaner places to dine. Not everything is dirty, but if you want to experience the most traditional settings, you should be prepared for the occasional downside. Unfortunately, cockroaches are just a part of life here.

Going to TASTY felt like entering a different world for me. Unlike typical Taiwanese restaurants, it was quiet, with no kids running around or screaming. It was such a relaxing atmosphere. The food was truly delicious, and some of the dishes reminded me of flavors from Europe. The waiter was polite and very attentive. The cost of the meal was around 660NT per person (which is very reasonable compared to many high-end establishments!). I believe the price was well worth it. We had a main course, several other dishes, and drinks (a total of 8 items in a set). It was easy to feel satisfied and full.



















0 komentarze:

Post a Comment