November 13, 2022

What Polish things you can buy in Taiwan?

There aren't really many items from Poland available in Taiwan, or so I thought... There are actually a lot more things made in Poland available here than I thought! It took me well over an hour browsing online shops, and I haven't even finished checking all the pages. I'm surprised by how many things I could actually find.

The most common items to come across are cosmetics, but there are also some Polish chocolates and candies that can be bought. I've heard about Polish apples being sold in Taiwan, although I haven't been lucky enough to find them anywhere, probably only in some supermarkets in Taipei. Sometimes it can be difficult to know that a brand sold here is from Poland since some brands have different names and packaging designs when they are sold domestically compared to what is sold abroad. Because of this, there have been a few times when I had no idea that the item I had was actually from Poland. For example, someone once gifted me a non-alcoholic beer that didn't look Polish at all, but checking the country of origin, it was clearly stated as "Made in Poland."

Here is a list of a few items from Poland available in Taiwan (mostly online):
1. Milk: There are a few brands of Polish milk that can be bought in Taiwan. I had no idea about it until recently when I noticed on Shopee (one of the online shops) that they were selling milk from POLMILK. We also bought a carton, and it tasted just like back home. There are also brands I didn't know came from Poland, as the names are either in English or German, such as Happy Barn or Volmilkch.
2. Candies/Chocolates: There are several Polish candy and chocolate brands that can be found in Taiwan, such as Goplana, Jutrzenka, Wedel, Wawel, Milka, and Mieszko. I've seen Polish sweets available in Poya and 7-Eleven before, and sometimes in Carrefour and RT-Mart as well.
3. Noodles: I spotted one Polish noodle brand here - Bartollini.
4. Cosmetics/Perfumes: I've come across several different Polish cosmetic brands in Taiwan before, and I've even heard of some Taiwanese people using our Polish brands. You can find brands like Green Pharmacy, Dermacos, Ziaja, Herbal Care, Barwa (soaps), Eveline, perfumik.pl, Miraculum, Jantar, and myBIO. Some of these items are also available in certain markets, like Poya, as well as some shopping malls. Not all of these brands were familiar to me before, but it seems Polish cosmetics are becoming popular abroad.
5. Markers: Oops, I had no idea it was a Polish brand, but while searching for items for today's blog post, I noticed Karin markers. Karin is a Polish artists' stationery company that began manufacturing their range of pens in 1989.
6. Ceramic/Pottery: Two of the most easily recognizable Polish brands in Taiwan are Emalia Olkusz and ceramics from the town of Bolesławiec.
7. Electronic appliances: Amica is a Poland-based international company that manufactures household appliances. It's a huge surprise for me to see a Polish brand available in Taiwan. I've noticed ovens, dishwashing machines, and a few other items available online.
8. Baby items: Blankets, pillows, swaddles, and more made by La Millou or Maylily can be found in Taiwan.
9. Animal feed: Lolo Pets, an established brand from Poland since 2009, is also available in Taiwan.



0 komentarze:

Post a Comment